You must check out this post first because I will be mentioning some of them here.
I’ve seen and tried wrong tricks that are used here on tumblr and it is not funny. I hope this post will help you.
1. XKit - I just started using this extension and it’s more or less like Missing e.
- One-click reblog (not very reliable. It is much better if you will use alt+click reblog sign)
- One-click queue (not very reliable)
- One-click draft(not very reliable)
- View inbox without leaving the dashboard
- send me a message, go to website or try it for yourself if you want to know more
PS. Aside from Missing e, TumTaster and Tumblr Shortcuts, XKit is the only extension that I am currently using.
If you install Tumblr Shortcuts posting will be very easy for you, but these tricks aren’t only for the dahsboard.
1. Viewing posts liked by others
2. Find what was posted on a certain blog on a specific date
3. No need to open your blog’s dashboard to see how many followers, messages, number of queued posts and drafts are left
- alt+click your blog title beside “Dashboard”
4. This is not really a trick, but here it is. Transform your blog into a book (.pdf)
5. Reblog long text posts as a whole and not as a link
- Clicking the gray “As…” button beside “Reblog Text Post” above the post; select “As Text” to reblog the full body of the original post.
6. Find a post’s source:
- Hover on the post on your dashboard, notice that the upper-right flap of the white background becomes slightly bent. Click the flap to go to the original post address.
- The J and K keys are for browsing posts. Install Tumblr Shortcuts and the combinations are heavenly. You will never have to use the mouse on your dashboard ever again.
- Left and Right arrows are for jumping pages.
- Do not stress yourself by using ctrl+alt+reblog button.
- If you want to reblog a post automatically use alt+reblog button.
- If you want to reblog it manually on a new tab use ctrl+reblog button
- When you are using Missing e this can be used.
- If you are using XKit, click the XKit icon on the upper-right corner of your dashboard, click “Manage Extensions”, then “One-click Postage” to edit the settings.
1. Scripts by Max Davis: Max Davis also makes themes and does tutorials.
- online visitor counter
- page views counter
- effect: star warp
- effect: snow
- effect: bubble bath
- effect: block rain
- effect: block worm
- effect: fireworks
- effect: fireflies
- cursor: bubble
- cursor: random
- cursor: sparkle
2. Rainbow links hover
3. Hover over a link and the link magnifies
I’ve tried everything here. Even the effects and cursors. I hope this post finds and helps you blog faster, and easier. This post is an advance gift for everyone for my blog’s first year anniversary. REBLOG REBLOG and happy blogging!! —Margie :) x