If Your Birthday Adds to an 8:
Example: May 16, 1994
- 5, 16, 1994
- 5+1+6+1+9+9+4= 35
- 3+5= 8
Your life lesson is to establish financial security:
- This is not to say that 8’s are materialistic. It’s just that you seek freedom that comes from being financially stable. You don’t like the fact that money can be elusive, so you find ways to keep the money coming in so you’ll never be without. Because of this, there are a lot of 8’s who are millionaires - but who will never spend a penny of it. They’d rather keep the money in the bank, where it’s safe. Then there is the other type of 8: whenever they have money, they feel the need to spend it all.
- Usually, 8’s tend to be drawn to the finer things in life. You like quality and often have attractive possessions - a nice home, car, clothes, etc. These possessions are reminders that everything is under control financially.
- You have excellent executive ability, and this is also the politician’s number. It’s a power number, which means that while you want control, you do hope to use it make a positive different in the world.
- The 8 is a classic workaholic. Often, a woman who is married to an 8 will get upset and tell her husband that he doesn’t care about her or their children. All he cares about it work. What he’s exactly thinking: “Hey, I’m trying to make things happen and achieve some goals so I can be a great provider.” The same goes for an 8 woman; they can get caught up in the business world. Who is it that you’re working so hard for! You must take time to give the people in your life enough personal attention.
- The number 8 is a dual number. It represents degeneration and regeneration. Complete reversals are always a possibility with you. This can be a good thing. You can turn the other way when you’ve realized that you’ve made a wrong decision, instead of stubbornly staying stuck in a bad position. You’re allowed to change your mind.
- On the other hand, reversals can go the opposite way. You will have some difficult times in your life where you may experience sorrow and wind up feeling humiliated.
- 8’s tend to be huge successes or major failures - often both in a lifetime. You just need to focus on any endeavor you pursue, and you will experience success. That said, you should remember it’s important to stop and smell the roses.
- It’s common for 8’s to be misunderstood by others. To avoid this, you must learn to be more tactful. You tend to tell the truth about what you’re thinking, neglecting to edit your remarks for the larger audience. Often you’ll say something and have the other person respond with shock at how hurtful the remark was. At that point, it’s your turn to be stunned: All you did was tell the truth. This is a very black-and-white situation, with little room for gray areas. It’s an art form for every Life Path should perfect, especially the 8. You can still say what you want, just be careful how you say it.
- Strife and struggle is considered normal to an 8, but you experience it more than any other Life Path Numbers. One thing that you cannot get over is infidelity. If a partner cheats on you, it’s best for you to let go. It would take a supernatural effort for an 8 to get over it. Even if you stayed with that partner, you’d never really be able to forgive them.
- You do not have much tolerance for people who feel sorry for themselves. An 8 who sees someone suffer will likely say, “Look, I’m sorry that happened to you. Now get up.” This is ironic, since 8’s often see themselves as the victim. That’s because you don’t get away with much in this world. If you were driving 5 miles over the speed limit, and another Life Number was speeding twice that, you’d be the one who’d get the ticket. It’s part of the reality of being an 8. The key is getting through it without taking on “woe as me” attitude. Learn to laugh at life. Rent a funny movie or listen to your favorite music. It’ll make you really relax and let go. Life is not as overwhelming as you think. Dwelling on the negative, especially for an 8, can lead to deep depression.
- A good piece of news is that you’re a late bloomer. You’re never too old for something. As long as you’re on this planet, you can make your dreams come true.
- It is not hard for you to get hurt, so you must be alert when driving or playing sports. Paying attention to the moment can make all the difference. Many 8’s get caught up in their work and dreams that they don’t always pay attention to the simple things that cause physical stress and trouble.
- A banker, stock market trader, accountant, office manager, and engineer. Your number also makes good corporate lawyers and judges. Many 8’s go into the field of wedding planning, interior decorating and/or running nonprofit organizations. They are often physically beautiful, so modeling and acting are common career pursuits as well. Big business is natural for you. If you have a 3, 6. or 9 in your birth numbers, then you profession may lean toward the creative arts, perhaps areas of live performance. If you have a different dream then what is listed, then go for it! This is your life and you need to seize every moment. Keep in mind that “life is not a dress rehearsal.” Today is a gift. As an 8, you are always planning for the future. Today is what you’ve got’ embrace it.
A healthy 8 is ambitious, has a head for business, and real executive ability:
- Downside: Because you’re here to master money, the negative side of an 8 Life Path is going to be one of two things: Either they become so greedy there’s never enough money, or they’re afraid they’re going to lose the money that is all in the bank, that when they die it’s still in the bank. Money should flow like the ocean’ it comes and goes freely. The 8 can become so preoccupied with making money that they become workaholics and the family can feel neglected.
A good affirmation would be:
- "I believe in infinite abundance and the money is always there."
- When someone betrays you, it is difficult for you to let go. This hatred has a boomerang effect and causes you more pain. Here is an affirmation to help heal this problem: "Each day I live in the moment, by forgiving those in my past."
Famous Executives: These are people with high status who’s work ethic is on the grand-scale
- Giorgio Armani
- Deepak Chopra
- Jason Mraz
- Martha Stewart
- Halle Berry
- Sarah McLachlan
- Jessica Biel
- Richerd Gere
- Penelope Cruz
- Nelson Mandela
- 50 Cent